Triptych Brewing is hiring a cellar person with an excellent opportunity for growth into a number of other production related positions. No prior professional brewing experience is required but familiarity with the craft beer scene is preferred, home brewers looking to make the jump are also encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will not only be excited to join our production team to help us continue growing Triptych, but will also have:
- The ability to work unsupervised, independently, and to utilize critical thinking while also possessing the instinct of knowing when to call for backup
- The ability to lift 55 pounds overhead
- The ability to remain on their feet for long periods of time and work in potentially unpleasant environments like our 40 degree Fahrenheit walk-in coolers or our sweltering brew house on a summer day
- The ability to efficiently multi-task
- A flexible schedule that may include some weekends or evenings
- A basic familiarity with computers and the internet to allow for interactions with our production/inventory management software
- An extreme attention to detail
The cellar person will report directly to our head brewer and will be involved with a wide variety of tasks related to our day-to-day production operations. General duties will include:
- Running clean in place operations on our fermenters, bright tanks, kegs, canning line and brewhouse following established standard operating procedures and protocols
- The setup, sanitizing and breakdown of transfer lines and hoses
- Product transfers
- Product dry hopping
- Packaging of product into kegs
- Various quality related testing and logging operations
- Cellar cleaning including exteriors of tanks and floors at regular intervals
- Other tasks as needed to ensure brewery operations run smoothly such as assisting on the canning line, assisting with grain out after a brew session, etc.
This job is an hourly position and every hour, will be compensated for. There is also the possibility for very occasional overtime hours in this position. This position will work at least 40 hours each week. We expect that most of these hours will be first shift, Monday through Friday, but occasionally as production needs dictate, some hours will be on Saturday or Sunday, or during second shift on a weekday. The hourly pay for this position will be $17.50 per hour for a probationary period of 90 days after which time, compensation for the position will be $18.50 per hour. This position will include six paid holidays and 16 days of paid leave after the probationary period. We do not currently offer any healthcare or retirement benefits but hope to establish them as our team continues to grow.
Triptych is a craft brewery in Savoy, Illinois, owned by four friends and operated by one of the owners, a passionate home brewer turned professional. We distribute kegs and cans of our beer throughout Illinois. We’re looking for a cellar person who can make a significant impact but also join our tight knit team that enjoys socializing outside of the brewery when the opportunity arises. Triptych is an equal opportunity employer.
If you believe this position is a fit for you, please email a cover letter introducing yourself and a resume to [email protected].